How do I configure Outlook Express for my E-Mail Accounts?
See video tutorial here: Setting up Outlook Express
The following article explains how to download mail from your hosting account using Microsoft Outlook Express.
Microsoft Outlook Express
- In Outlook Express, from the Tools menu, select Accounts...
- A box will appear. Click Add and select Mail.
- Enter your name as you want it to appear on your emails and click Next.
- Put in your email address, eg. email@example.com, and then click Next.
- Set the server type as POP3.
- For incoming and outgoing mail servers, enter mail.yourdomain.com (where yourdomain.com is your domain name and extension such as .com, .net, etc).
- Click Next.
- Enter your email address for the Account Name. Enter the password you set for this account.
- Click Next and then click Finish. After you click Finish, you should see the following window.
- You should still see the Mail tab, so click the Properties button
- Select the Servers tab
- Check the box at the bottom which says "My server requires authentication"
- Select the Advanced tab
- At the top you will see "Server Port Numbers" and "Outgoing mail (SMTP):" with a value of 25. You need to change this to port 26 if you are not able to send emails using 25.
- Click the Apply button, OK button, and the Close button.
- Now you can test your email.